Cannabis can be enjoyed in many different ways, but for many, the easiest way is just to eat it. Cannabis edibles aren’t just convenient, they’re also one of the safest and most enjoyable ways to consume cannabis.
And if you’ve been around awhile, you know cannabis brownies are a classic! Brownies are one of the oldest and most beloved recipes in the cannabis cookbook. For decades, people have been enjoying mind-blowing cannabis brownies and the tradition keeps going.
Making your own edible brownies is well worth the effort. Not only will they taste better fresh out of the oven, but you will have more control over the dosage of your edibles.
If you’re wondering how to make cannabis brownies, keep reading because we’re sure you’ll love our brownie recipe! But before we get cooking, let’s talk about your material.
Know Your Bud
Before you start baking your brownies, make sure you know exactly what you’re dealing with!
You should know your bud well before cooking with it. How potent is your material? Does it contain CBD? What kinds of effects can you expect from the strain(s) you are baking with?
If you bake your brownies with a high-THC strain, you should expect that they will hit you harder. And if you bake them with a strong indica strain, don’t be surprised if you find yourself dozing off at some point.
By knowing what to expect from your dosage and your cannabis, you can minimize the likelihood of consuming too much or of experiencing unwanted effects… long-lasting unwanted effects.
How To Make Cannabis Brownies
Now for the good stuff – the brownies! If you’re wondering how to make cannabis brownies, check out this quick and easy recipe for mind-blowing infused brownies.
- ⅛ ounce of ground cannabis
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts
Before you can begin baking with chocolate, you will need to decarboxylate your cannabis and mix it with your butter. Here’s how you do this:
- Finely grind up ⅛ ounce of cannabis and spread it evenly over a baking sheet/pan. Preheat your oven to 240℉ and place your ground bud inside once it is ready.
- Bake for 50 minutes then remove from oven and let cool.
- Melt butter over low heat in a medium saucepan. Add the decarboxylated cannabis and lower heat to a simmer.
- Leave to simmer for about 45 minutes while stirring occasionally.
Strain the cannabutter through a cheesecloth or other filter into a bowl and discard filtered remains.
After you finish infusing your butter, you can begin baking your brownies:
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and grease a glass baking pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Mix cannabutter, salt, vanilla, and sugar in a bowl.
- Adds eggs and mix well.
- Mix in flour and walnut – stir well.
- Pour brownie batter into your glass pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes.
A Word To The Wise
You can always eat more, but you can’t eat less!
It’s very easy to consume too much edible cannabis, especially if you don’t have much prior experience with edibles. It can take a while for edible cannabis to make it from your stomach and into your bloodstream. Depending on the contents of your stomach and on your metabolism, it can sometimes take up to an hour for the effects of an edible to kick in.
Consuming more edibles before the first round has had a chance to kick in is a rookie mistake and one you don’t want to make!
If you’re ready to start baking, check out our flower selection. Or if you prefer to take the easy route, order up some premade edibles!